Pozice v archivu Organizace pro bezpečnost a spolupráci v Evropě (Praha) – Archives Assistant
The Office of the Secretary General (OSG) provides general services to the Secretary General (SG), the Chairperson-in-Office and the participating States. It groups horizontal services such as Executive Management, Press and Public Information, Legal Services, External Co-operation, Security Management, Gender Affairs and Central Records and Documents Management, and it oversees the OSCE Documentation Centre in Prague. The OSCE Documentation Centre in Prague is also known as the CSCE/OSCE Historical Archives and it runs the Researcher-in-Residence programme – its core task is to preserve and make available OSCE’s historical records to participating States, academic researchers and the public at large.
Under the overall guidance of the Head of Office and the direct supervision of the Senior Assistant for Documentation and Information, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Supporting the OSCE Documentation Centre in Prague paper and electronic holdings by appraising and processing historical records in accordance with established archival principles,
- Accessioning physical, electronic records and other materials from the OSCE Secretariat as well as closed-down field operations sent to the OSCE Documentation Centre in Prague Archives;
- Updating records of digital collections of historical documents on a central open source database, conducting a record audits and applying record management principles;
- Participating in digitization projects;
- Developing and updating inventories and search tools;
- Handling internal and external documentation requests;
- Maintaining an archival collection of OSCE publications and being responsible for their inventory;
- Disseminating documents and publications to 67 OSCE depository libraries and taking part in the selection, description and quality check of the digital “Quarterly Selections” posted on the OSCE web resources;
- Updating the on line reference library catalogue (motioned by Tritus Open-Source system), including review and completion of existing data in the catalogue, as well as ordering new acquisitions, indexing and re-shelving;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Secretariat, please see http://www.osce.org/secretariat
- Completed secondary education; studies in archives, library science, or informatics is an asset;
- A minimum of four years of directly related experience in archive and/or library; \
- Theoretical and practical experience in record management, archival and library activities (digital and paper);
- Experience with public information services or general documentation (library) services in the setting of an international organization (government, academic institution, NGOs etc.);
- Sound knowledge of standard computer applications (word processing, databases, spreadsheets, web and other IT systems);
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English; knowledge of other OSCE working languages is an asset;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds, whilst remaining impartial and objective.
- Core values
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Core competencies
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
- Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
- Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deduction, is CZK 37.338 (12 times a year). OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Czech Republic. Social benefits will include possibility of participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
- Appointments are made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see http://www.osce.org/states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.